- ACT Commodities
- Finance, Organisation & Processes
- Required language
For this position we are looking for somebody with the right attitude. We need somebody assertive and focused on teamwork, who likes to keep learning and be challenged.
MORE ABOUT THE JOB
Who we are:
ACT is the world’s leading provider of market-based sustainability solutions. Working at the center of the global energy transition, ACT helps organizations hit their climate action targets, no matter how ambitious. Since 2009, ACT has become a trusted brand in high-impact climate projects, renewable energy markets, energy efficiency, renewable fuels, and carbon credits. ACT delivers tailor-made solutions from offices in Amsterdam, New York, Shanghai, and Paris, enabling its partners to join the environmental revolution and pursue more sustainable futures.
What you'll do:
As a Junior Operator you will be part of the Finance & Operations team of ACT Commodities, working with an international product and client portfolio. This makes for a very diverse and challenging environment, which reflects in the job as well - this isn't the usual operator role. Because we are currently experiencing rapid growth in our scale-up phase, our departments are going through changes and process improvements as well as new software implementations. You will get the chance to experience this new era of business at ACT and have an impact by making your ideas heard. We want someone open-minded and eager to learn who can think outside the box.
The Commodities Operations team includes the Local Operating Company (LOC) Commodities Financial Director, the Operations Manager and a team of 6 dedicated operators. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the execution of the trades of our international product and client portfolio. You will work in close coordination with the Operations team, the wider Commodities Finance and Operations team (18) and front office teams. In a nutshell, your tasks will be:
- Preparing operational support for commercial teams;
- Settling all deals trading team make, across multiple countries and regions;
- Making sure our positions are reconciled across platforms and systems;
- Solving settlement issues;
- Stakeholder management with both the traders and clients
- Improving internal processes to aid in efficiency
Who you are:
- BSc graduate in Business Administration or related field;
- 1-2 years of experience in the field of Operations. Preference for a trading environment
- Fluent in Englishas a requirement. Other European languages are a plus
- Intermediate level of Excel skills (pivot tables) and comfort with systems
- Detail oriented and precise
- Great at stakeholder management
- Able to handle high-pressure situations
- Knowledge of, and interest in, European energy markets
- Self-starter mentality, good at working independently, focuses on commercial results;
- High attention to details and ability to adapt to change.
What we offer:
- Challenging and exciting work environment with a flat hierarchy
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme;
- Business and communication related training;
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- A beautiful office in the heart of the Zuidas (4 days in the office, 1 day from home);
- In-house Life Coach.
**A pre-employment screening is part of our application procedure**
Room to keep improving
At ACT Commodities I get the full support of my personal coach. I always know what my next goal is and how and with whom I’ll reach it.
Becoming the best I can be
I am a natural diplomat, easily connecting with people. Charming, attentive and sociable.