Associate, Client Service, German Speaker, 2023
- Business Development, Communication, Sales
- Required language
- English, German
Client Service Associate
AlphaSights is the global leader in knowledge on-demand. We connect investors and business leaders with the knowledge they need to succeed. Working from nine cities globally, our 1500+ colleagues provide round-the-clock coverage to the world's top investment funds, consultancies, and businesses. AlphaSights was founded in 2008, and is a fast growing founder-led company. Learn more about us at alphasights.com.
About this role
As a Client Service Associate, your work is at the heart of what we do: you’ll be the link between our blue-chip clients and the expert knowledge they seek. Throughout a fast-paced workday, you will be working on urgent projects from your assigned client users at investment funds, consultancies, and businesses. You will need to understand their exact knowledge needs, and then find, engage and vet the experts most suited to each client’s situation. To succeed in this role, you need to be motivated by delivering results for your clients and by achieving commercial goals. This is a communications- intense frontline role requiring a client-first mindset and the ability to multi-task across an action-packed workday.
What you will do
- Field incoming client briefs and identify the knowledge gaps they’re looking to fill
- Utilize business acumen to identify relevant experts in the industry or topic of interest
- Proactively schedule calls with prospective experts via phone and email (including cold calling)
- Engage experts and vet them against your client’s questions
- Propose a shortlist of experts to your client and schedule and manage all client-to-expert interactions
- Deliver excellent service to both clients and experts
What you will get
- More expert, project, and client-facing responsibility than other entry level roles
- Directly measurable commercial impact and significant earnings potential from the get-go
- Learn to confidently transact with senior executives and sophisticated clients at top-tier investment funds, consultancies and Fortune 500 companies
- A unique training curriculum and intense on-the-job training helping you develop highly transferable commercial and managerial skills
- A clear career path for advancement to Manager after 24-30 months, and to Business Unit VP after ~5 years
- An inspiring, high-energy environment with ambitious peers of 60+ nationalities
This is an entry-level role. Successful candidates generally possess:
- Track record of strong scholastic and academic achievement (equivalent of 2:1 or above achieved in a Bachelor’s degree)
- Noteworthy extracurriculars throughout school and university
- Relevant internship experience evidencing interest in a career in business
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize daily tasks/responsibilities
- Stress resistance – able to work and get things done under pressure
- Fluency in English and German required (C2/C1 level fluency will be assessed); additional modern European language or experience living or working in continental Europe would be a plus.
Compensation and benefits
- Average total first year compensation: £43,000 consisting of (i) fixed annual base salary of £36,000 and (ii) variable compensation linked to individual performance (uncapped)
- 4% matched pension contribution on qualified earnings
- Comprehensive private health insurance coverage and dental insurance
- 25 vacation days, 9 company holidays & business closure during winter holiday week
- In office Monday to Thursday (option to WFH each Friday and four extra days/quarter)
Perks: State-of-the-art office in the City of London, subsidized lunch, complimentary breakfast & snacks, corporate gym rates, and MacBook Pro for work.
AlphaSights is an equal-opportunity employer.